what's here is hereit is all to my heart contentnot to brag not to lowmay it be true or may it not

Message In A Bottle




Dear Theresa,

Can you forgive me? In a world that I seldom understand, there are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes they gust with the fury of hurricane, sometimes they barely fan one's cheek. But the winds cannot be denied, bringing as they often do a future that is impossible to ignore. You, my darling, are the wind that I did not anticipate, the wind that has gusted more strongly than I ever imagined possible. You are my destiny.

I was wrong, so wrong, to ignore what was obvious, and I beg your forgiveness. Like a cautious traveler, I tried to protect myself from the wind and lost my soul instead. I was a fool to ignore my destiny, but even fools have feelings, and I've come to realize that you are the most important thing that I have in this world.

I know I'm not perfect. I've made more mistakes in the pas few months than some make in a lifetime. I was wrong to have acted as I did when I found the letters, just as I was wrong to hide the truth about what I was going through with respect to my past. When I chased you as you drove down the street and again as I watched you leave from the airport, I knew I should have tried harder to stop you. But most of all, I was wrong to deny what obvious in my heart: that I can't go on without you. 

In my dream, I saw myself on the beach with Catherine, in the same spot I took you after our lunch at Hank's. It was bright in the sun, the rays reflecting brilliantly off the sand. As we walked alongside each other, she listened intently as I told her about you, about us, about the wonderful times we shared. Finally, after some hesitation, I admitted, that I loved you, but that I feel guilty about it. She said nothing right away but simply kept walking until finally turned to me and askesd, "Why?"
"Because of you."

Upon hearing my answer, she smiled at me with patient amusement, the way she used to before she died. "Oh, Garrett," she finally said as she gently touched my face, "who do you think it was that brought the bottle to her?"

When I woke up, I felt empty and alone. The dream did not comfort me. Rather, it made me ache inside because of what I had done to us, and I began to cry. When I finally pulled myself together, I knew what I had to do. With shaking hand, I wrote two letters: the one you're holding and one to Catherine, in which I finally said my goodbye. Today I'm taking Happenstance out to send it to her, as I have with all the others. It will be my last letter ---- Catherine, in her own way, has told me to go on, and I have chosen to listen. Not only to her words, but also to the leanings of my heart that led me back to you. 

Oh, Theresa, I am sorry, so very sorry, that I ever hurt you. I am coming to Boston next week with the hope that you find a way to forgive me. Maybe I'm too late now. I don't know. I will move to Boston if you ask because I cannot go on this way. I am sick and sad without you. As I sit here in the kitchen, I am praying that you will let me come back to you, this time forever.

Garrett


I knowwww..... It's too long for you guys. But I just can't help myself from posting it in here. It really gives something to my little heart... Maybe you guys will feel the same? A letter poured by Garrett to Theresa (obviously) with all his heart. Argh I can't imagine loving someone but can't hold them right next to you.


The letter did got to Theresa but Garrett did not. Sending the last goodbye letter to Catherine, he was caught in a storm. How heart tearing was that? I think I'm going to cry. Again. This story is of love, of heart and of life. I hate Nicholas Sparks for that! (I also cried when I read A Walk To Remember. How can I not?) This review is a bit spoiler as you guys already knew the ending but what the heck? Just read it to experience it. It was worth every seconds. Feel the ache of broken heart, feel the warmth of love, feel the sorrow of loneliness just sit back and enjoy it.





notabuku: can't stop myself from falling head over heels for BIG BANG over and over again!

No comments: